Having the Best OBD2 App for Ios or Android will depend on a few factors: besides the phone that you have the model of your car and the setting that you will need will plus the type of scan that you want to perform.
If you already own an OBD2 Bluetooth adapter you already know that they come with a personalized App. But depending on the adapter you will have a different user experience.
Here is when having the Best OBD2 App will help you figured out easily and quickly the best way to fix your car’s problem.
Now Let’s get into the Nitty-gritty
Which is the best OBD2 app for your car? and
What is the best compatible adapter for each app?
To make it simple, we have actually reviewed the 15 best OBD2 apps for iPhone and Android that will perform the best with your scanner in 2020.
We pick 7 OBD2 apps for Android and 8 ones for iPhone, iPad (iOS devices). You can check the table of contents to skip to the info that you want.
- 1 Best OBD2 Apps for iPhone and iPad (iOS) Review
- 2 Best OBD2 App: Top Picks for Android Devices.
- 3 Best OBD2 Apps Recommendations
- 4 Why do I need an OBD2 App?
- 5 Functions Of The Best OBD2 Scanner App
- 6 Why Do I Need An OBD2 App For Android Or IOS?
- 7 Conclusion
Best OBD2 Apps for iPhone and iPad (iOS) Review
If you have an iOS gadget, there are also numerous universal OBD apps you can try. These consist of OBD Car Doctor, OBD Fusion, DashCommand, Bluedriver, Carista OBD2, GOFAR, EOBD Facile, and Engine Link.
But wich one is the best OBD App for iPhone? Let’s check it!
1- OBD Fusion: Best OBD2 App for iPhone
OBD Fusion is well-known not only amongst DIYers but also around mechanics too, due to the fact that of its compatibility with all OBD2 and EOBD compliant cars and enhanced features it offers.
It will not be incorrect to state that OBD Fusion is a vehicle diagnostic app as it can process data 100 times a 2nd.
For us, OBD Fusion is the best OBD2 app for iPhone, iPad (iOS gadgets).
You can check engine light errors and clear them, prepare diagnostic reports, procedure efficiency, see battery voltage, personalize the dashboard, and see several sensing unit information from this paid software application.
- Supports more than 150 PIDs.
- Stores reports and even enable you to email them.
- Real-time GPS tracking and even enables you to find your vehicle in offline mode.
- Reveals real-time graphs that you can submit to the Dropbox.
- The GPS drains the phone battery rapidly.
- The software doesn’t provide all the features to all the adapters.
We suggest this iPhone OBD2 app to individuals who wish to keep their cars and truck’s engine running and in great shape utilizing iOS gadgets. It’s expert and uses lots of features.
OBD Combination works best with the BAFX Products for iOS devices. It will open numerous functions and will run smoothly with this scanner.
2- OBD Auto Doctor OBD2 App for iPhone
OBD Auto Doctor is thought about as one of the best OBD apps for iPhones considering that it helps you connect with your car’s OBD system easily.
The OBD Auto Doctor app will give you the ability to monitor multiple control units such as engine and transmission while also supporting the export of collected data via email in CSV format.
Making it a great APP for you to save a lot of money on your trips because the monitor fuel consumption parameter on the OBD Auto Doctor is highly optimized.
- Give information fuel usage rate thus allowing you to save cash
- Offer clear view test emission preparedness and advanced diagnostic
- This car code reader app is prompt in providing you with abnormalities on your OBD system
- Assistance sending out diagnostic data through e-mail
- You have the alternative of seeing either visual or numerical diagnostic info
- It might have issues connecting with adapters labeled ELM327 v2.1.
- Might not be precise in offering fuel intake rates on diesel vehicles.
Compatible OBD2 Adapter.
Veepeak Mini WiFi OBD2 Scanner plays well and becomes extremely useful when having OBD Vehicle Medical professional installed in it.
DashCommand holds the title of being the four-time SEMA Global Media Award Winner. This app has actually enhanced efficiency and is capable of turning your iPhone or iPad into an engine data screen.
You will be able to see engine associated information such as torque, pressure. and so on. With this vehicle diagnostic software, you can watch out on gas consumption and enhance your car’s gas mileage.
DashCommand is likewise among the best Bluetooth OBD2 apps that permit users to customize the dashboard and keep the most pre-owned features on the top for convenience.
DashCommand lets you use lots of functions such as keeping an eye on velocity, examining brake efficiency, inspecting and clearing DTC problem codes, and carrying out information logging.
One amazing function of this OBD2 software is the trip details. With this function, you can keep track of the start/end time of journeys including the range covered.
- Fast at revealing results.
- Customization makes it simple to use.
- Does not take a lot of space (size 37.8 MBs).
- The client support is excellent.
- Doesn’t work well with 8.0 and older iOS version.
- Connection concerns in elm327.
DashCommand is an excellent option to turn your mobile phones into a scan tool. This is one of the very best OBD2 iPhone apps for Bluetooth connection.
To make the best of this OBD2 iPhone software application, utilize it with Veepeak OBDCheck BLE for iOS.
Bluedriver is also one of the best OBDII apps for iPhone, for many, as it’s complimentary to utilize.
With the Bluedriver vehicle diagnostic app, you can read and clear codes, freeze frame information, see live data and carry out improved diagnostics that include reading and cleaning airbag codes, ABS and transmission codes too.
When you install Bluedriver on your iOS compatible devices, you will be able to check engine light difficulty codes, perform smog tests, and even find validated fixes from its database that contains 6.6 million fixes.
Plus, it’s compatibility with Android.
- The Bluedriver car diagnostic tool app lets you send messages to the producer.
- Exports pdf reports.
- No add-ons to worry about.
- International compatibility.
- Updates are free and launched routinely.
- Immediately connects to Android and iOS gadgets.
- The auto diagnostic app for iPhone is a non-updated software that might freeze often times.
- It’s great as it’s free and easy to utilize and provides some remarkable features also.
This OBD2 Scanner app works best on the Bluedriver OBD2 Adapter.
5- Carista OBD2.
The Carista OBD2 lets you utilize basic OBD2 features for free but to use the sophisticated features, such as TPMS, modification, coding, ECU, EPB, and ABS/Airbag, you must buy the software application.
If you do not want to purchase the lorry diagnostics app, you can still perform functions like reset engine light codes, see live information, smog test, using the free tool.
However, the primary objective of Carista OBD2 is to use you a professional vehicle diagnostic software application that can perform sophisticated functions including ABS, air bag, and navigation in designs including SEAT, Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda (VAG), Mini, BMW, Toyota, Scion, and Lexus.
Other innovative functions include auto locking doors, see ECU info in information and perform service reset too.
This auto diagnostic app supports all OBD2 models that were manufactured after 2000.
- Uses personalization choices.
- Outstanding client assistance.
- 1st month is complimentary if you utilize with the Carista adapter.
- Generates overheating message if the engine is heating.
- In some cases reveals connectivity error in some cars.
- A little expensive than other alternatives.
Though the price is a little bit high, Carista OBD2 is a terrific OBD2 iOS app with a variety of sophisticated functions.
Carista OBD2 works flawlessly when linked to the Carista OBD2 Adapter for iOS devices.
GOFAR is an IRS-compliant telematics gadget that synchronizes with a cars and truck’s OBD2 port adapter. It keeps an eye on vehicle health and track mileage.
GOFAR consists of free mobile software and digital log that completely automates work-related car expenditures. It works with iOS and Android smart devices.
The GOFAR OBD Bluetooth is coupled with a dashboard-mounted device called Ray that delivers real-time driver feedback to assist you save as much as 30% on fuel.
- This OBD2 iOS app uses multi-method IRS-compliant mileage tracking to help you save on taxes.
- Discovers your engine’s sweet spot and provides you real-time feedback to enhance your gas mileage and preserve car health.
- Plain English descriptions of 300+ typical OBD2 DTC/ Fault Codes that will help you save money and time.
- Sends tips for inspecting tire pressure, tire rotation, tire tread, insurance, and registration.
- Features a global leaderboard to take on others in economy driving.
- Works in any fuel, diesel or hybrid from 2007 and lots of earlier automobile models.
- Elegant and inconspicuous– GOFAR won a 2016 Good Design Award.
- Not free, however just a one-off cost with no ongoing costs.
GOFAR offers you anything that an OBD app for iOS can do.
7 – EOBD Facile.
EOBD Facile allows you to link your iPhone or iPad with your automobile and check the condition of the OBD system.
Depending on what your car’s ECU provides you should have vehicle speed, engine rpm, engine temperature, ignition timing, engine torque, the amount of air intake and several other gauges displayed plainly on the app dashboard.
The EOBD Facile has already over 1 million installs since it went live on Google Play Store.
- Help inspect the engine light.
- Create and tape GPS data.
- Screen maker code errors.
- Display all engine code mistakes and allows you to inspect their significance.
- In some cases, it stops working to link.
- It is NOT compatible with all cars.
- You need to purchase the cars and truck diagnostic software otherwise the complimentary version is totally non-functional.
Compatible OBD2 Adapter.
The EOBD Facile is considerably suitable with VEEPEAK OBDCheck BLE for iOS.
8 – Engine Link.
You can link Engine Link to your automobile either utilizing an adapter or Bluetooth connection.
- The engine diagnostic app can reveal you the vehicle’s condition in genuine time.
- Efficient in tracking emissions.
- You can choose which data you want to view and shut off all other data.
- This OBD2 Bluetooth app is extremely effective in keeping an eye on fuel consumption.
- You can visit utilizing your email.
- You can utilize Engine Link to personalize your control panel.
- Possible Wi-Fi connection issues.
- This Bluetooth iPhone app might have concerns with language support.
- It is choosy when it pertains to adapter choice.
Engine Link is compatible with numerous adapters. But the wsiiroon Automobile WIFI OBD2 Adapter best matches it.
Best OBD2 App: Top Picks for Android Devices.
With one of the Android OBD2 apps below, you can turn your Android gadgets into a vehicle scan tool. The OBD apps in the list are OBD Vehicle Physician Pro, Torque Pro, OBDLink, Automobile Scanner ELM OBD2., Torque Lite, Scan Master, and HobDrive.
So, what is the very best OBD App for Android? Let’s have a look!
1- Torque Pro: Best Android OBD2 App
Torque Pro shows any issues occurring in your car. You can use it in combination with the Performance history to tape-record your journey.
This OBD2 automobile diagnostic app for Android is extremely helpful in bestowing details on the horsepower, dynamometer, cars and truck emissions and its impact on the environment.
We highly recommend Torque Pro as the best Android OBD2 App for your automobiles.
- The Torque Pro is extremely reliable in repairing your automobile and reducing the final cost
- Enhance the performance of your cars and truck
- Has alarms to signal you in case of an issue
- Shows temperature transmissions
- Utilizes numerous color design to show you the condition of your cars and truck
- Torque Pro uses GPS and can help you understand where the cars and truck was at a specific time
- This OBD2 Software for Android is not free.
Torque Pro App Bluetooth Compatible Adapter
Among the very best OBD2 Adapters suitable with this vehicle code reader app is Veepeak OBDCheck BLE 4.0 Bluetooth Scanner.
2- OBD Car Doctor Pro
OBD Automobile Doctor Pro is a car diagnostic app that reads all data sent via your OBD adapter.
This Android OBD2 app can show you real-time information on your car engine and other criteria including pressure, speed, the angle of rotation, and temperature among other sensor data supported by your lorry.
- Offer real-time car indicators on speed, temperature level, and pressure
- Draw charts of your automobile’s performance utilizing real-time information
- Alert in case your engine has problems
- Check out and tape multiple specifications
- GPS supported
- Very selective of adapters and may decline low-cost ones
- Tidying up errors needs extra guided adjustments
- It has possible issues with Bluetooth connection
OBD Automobile Medical professional Pro is one of the best OBD2 Android apps 2018 for your cars and truck.
OBD Cars and truck Medical professional Pro can work well on many OBD2 Adapters, among which is Foseal WIFI OBD2 OBD2 Automobile Scan Tool for Android.
3- OBDLink App
A lot of people think that given that the OBDLink just supports OBDLink scanners, it’s not the best OBD2 app for Android however that’s not real.
OBDLink uses total personalization on the dashboard and lets you select the feature that you use the most.
What makes OBDLink one of the best OBD2 apps for Android is its capability to read live information, carry out emission tests, carry out GPS tracking, display oxygen sensing unit results, record journey details, and carry out onboard testing.
- Email diagnostic reports directly.
- Works very fast and can assist you to save time.
- Is extremely simple to utilize thanks to customization choices.
- Free limitless updates.
- Shows over 90 specifications in real-time information.
- Hangs in a few vehicles.
- Supports version 4.0.3 and up only.
If you have an OBDLink Adapter, the OBDLink is the very best option for you.
Compatible OBD2 Bluetooth Adapter
OBDLink is an exclusive software application and supporting only OBDLink adapters, which is the reason why it is so effective and compatible.
This OBD2 Android app works with the following OBDLink adapters:
-OBDLink SX USB (with Android 3.1 or more recent).
The OBDLink works lag-free when utilized with OBDLink MX for Android and Windows.
4- Car Scanner ELM OBD2.
Cars and truck scanner ELM OBD2 is likewise a great OBD2 app for Android for lots of reasons. It offers a myriad of functions and is free to download and use.
Vehicle Scanner ELM OBD2 can help check faults in the engine and sensors like a pro. You can tailor the control panel, include customized PIDs, save DTC codes, keep an eye on numerous live tests, and carry out emissions test.
The emphasize of this Bluetooth OBD2 app is its HUD mode function that predicts the information onto the windshield.
This ELM 327 app opens a couple of additional functions for premium brands such as Toyota, Nissan, Chevrolet, KIA, Mazda, GM, and Mitsubishi.
- Free to utilize with excellent features.
- Shows accurate acceleration measurements.
- No pop-up advertisements.
- Easy to use with fast processing.
- Regular updates are released.
- Doesn’t provide numerous advanced features such as crucial programming.
The Car Scanner ELM OBD2 is one of the best ELM327 apps that offers lots of basic and a few advanced features. And it’s totally free of expense.
If you want a complimentary OBD2 software application then Car Scanner ELM OBD2 can be a good choice.
Compatible OBD2 Bluetooth Adapter.
This cars and truck scanner app is meant to work effectively with Veepeak mini Bluetooth Adapter.
5- Torque Lite.
Torque Lite is suggested to deal with many vehicle brand names as it is one of the most popular apps on the marketplace. It is complementary to download and utilize this software application.
The OBD diagnostic user interface app uses lots of fundamental functions on the free variation. You must buy the paid version to utilize innovative functions.
With Torque Lite, the free variation of the Torque OBD App for Android, you can check and clear DTCs, export files in CSV format, check engine efficiency associated data, check automobile speed at night with HUD mode, carry out information logging, and personalize control panel.
The totally free version might show some bugs in a few car brand names such as Subaru, Chrysler, and Nissan.
This is why it’s a good idea to get your hands on the paid version.
The sophisticated functions offered by Torque Lite include:.
- Horsepower data.
- Track miles covered.
- Procedure torque.
- Knockout sensing unit support.
- See engine temperature level (Gm Ford only).
- Carry out turbo boost.
- The complimentary version uses many basic features.
- No ads in the paid variation.
- Works very rapidly.
- The paid version supports more vehicles than the complimentary variation.
- Continuous updates readily available.
- Freezes in Galaxy Tab and HTC Evo 4.
- Can be a bit hard to use due to a lot of dials.
Torque Lite is said to support numerous inexpensive Bluetooth adapters and exceptional ones also. If you want to utilize a totally free OBD2 app on your Android gadget to carry out fundamental functions then Torque Lite is for you.
Compatible OBD2 Bluetooth Adapter.
It is stated to work efficiently with Kitbest Bluetooth OBD2 Adapter for Android Gadgets.
6- Scan Master for ELM327 OBD2 ScanTool.
Scan Master may not incredibly popular but it’s truly fantastic for Android devices. The software is easy to use and works effectively.
To utilize the total features of Scan Master, you need to buy the pro variation.
The Lite (totally free) version lets you examine automobile info (VIN, CVN), check, clear and store difficulty codes, freeze frame data, see live information stream and MIL status.
The pro variation uses more functions that are not available in the LITE variation.
- The free version uses fundamental OBD2 features.
- It is easy to utilize.
- Reveals visual representation of information.
- Offers data recording choice.
- Consumer assistance is not good.
- Compatibility issues with some gadgets.
Scan Master is good to utilize only if you wish to use fundamental features on your Android phone.
Compatible OBD2 Bluetooth Adapter.
It is quite a basic car diagnostic app and is compatible with just a couple of adapters such as:
-BAFX Products for Android.
Scan Master processes quicker when utilized with BAFX Products for Android.
HobDrive works on desktop PC’s, laptops, Android phones, and tablets.
- The OBD reader app offers complete information on fuel intake, distance, time spent on the traffic jam, and overall runtime.
- Exact fuel intake analysis and calculations.
- Can be embedded in HUD mode.
- Works on any platform that has a .net structure.
- Has a touch-friendly fluid user interface.
- Path preparation.
- Versatile visual layouts.
- This OBD Android App is blurred on devices with high resolution.
- Has possible issues in linking through Bluetooth.
- It is somehow unstable.
Compatible OBD2 Bluetooth Adapter.
HobDrive is compatible with a number of OBD2 Adapters. I would recommend using the Generic ELM327 WiFi OBD2 Scanner for Android.
Best OBD2 Apps Recommendations
When selecting an OBD scanner app for your car, you need to first identify its compatibility with your car. You need to also inspect its capability to support different adapters or Bluetooth connection capabilities.
Best iPhone OBD2 App
The OBD Fusion is extremely recommended when it pertains to OBD2 apps for iOS (iPhone/ iPad).
With this OBD2 App installed on your iOS devices, you can check engine light mistakes and clear them, prepare diagnostic reports, measure efficiency, see battery voltage, personalize the dashboard, and see multiple sensing unit data from this paid app.
The OBD Combination finest matches BAFX Products Adapter for iOS gadgets.
Best Android OBD2 App
From the above list, the Torque Pro is the best OBD2 software for Android since it supports a vast array of car models and provides a range of functions.
Torque Pro is extremely beneficial in bestowing details on the horse power, dynamometer, vehicle emissions and its influence on the environment. It works finest on a VEEPEAK OBDCheck BLE Bluetooth Adapter.
Why do I need an OBD2 App?
Back in the old days, if the check engine light or malfunction sign light is ON, you have no choice however to drive to the nearest dealer, pray to the heavens that the fault code is nothing major, and keep your fingers crossed while the specialist scans the lorry CPU using a costly and customized scanning tool.
All 1996 and newer vehicles are required to be OBD2 certified. This means that mechanics and car owners can see what’s going on with the engine and the CPU by just hooking up an on-board diagnostic code reader under the console. The OBD port is a 16-pin port that will allow you to check out, scan, diagnose, and even keep an eye on the numerous systems managed by the car CPU.
Of course, you can choose to buy a wired OBDII code reader that will get the job done simply fine. Why limitation yourself to the boundaries of a wired gadget? Wired OBD scanners are also a bit more pricey than cordless OBD2 scanners and they can be fiddly to utilize as you drive and keep an eye on lorry performance.
Android and iPhone Scanners need the ideal software to work!
If you have an Android or Apple smartphone/tablet and Windows phone or PC, then you can benefit from Bluetooth or Wi-Fi OBDii scanners that cost less than buying 2 Big Macs with french fries and drinks. How about that!
Before you plug in your wireless scanner to the OBD port in your lorry, you need to download an OBD2 code reader app that is compatible with both your mobile phone and cordless scanner.
You can download a totally free variation of different OBD-II apps on iTunes, Google Play, and the Windows Store. In this list, we examined the 2019 finest OBD-2 apps for iOS, Android, and Windows so you don’t have to squander time searching, downloading, and checking the perfect app. And believe me, there are LOTS OF apps in the market that makes it harder in choosing the ideal one.
Functions Of The Best OBD2 Scanner App
The scanner apps can do whatever from scanning and checking out the problems with your automobile, to erasing the codes so that the Inspect Engine Light turns off. These apps can likewise help you develop tailored dashboards that you can view on your Mobile phone. They are perfect for monitoring numerous things like engine temperatures, RPMs, Fuel/Air ratios, and far more!
Other features include getting instructions and identifying where you parked your cars and truck. You can likewise discover the fuel economy of your automobile and read out transmission temperature levels. Depending on your automobile make and design you can even access enhanced codes like ABS, SRS, and transmission codes.
Why Do I Need An OBD2 App For Android Or IOS?
Utilizing your smart device to its fullest capability is what people don’t generally do. A modern phone has a chip on-board that is more effective than computers that I used to use when I was a kid! Nowadays many people play video games and examine Facebook or Instagram with them.
You can use your phone to repair your vehicle! You just require to acquire an OBD2 scanner for Android or iPhone and download one of the apps discussed above.
We are seriously hoping our list of the very best OBD2 apps for Android, iOS, and Windows will assist you to find the best OBD-II app for your cordless OBD2 scanner. If you wish to conserve loan on automobile repairs while getting a much deeper understanding of how your cars and truck work, then you certainly need an OBD-II scanner in your toolbox.