Finding the Best BMW Scan Tool is one of the reasons why we start this website.
We love scanners but there’s different models and they all look similar.
Having a Scan Tool is a must on any BMW mechanic or car owner. And understanding what’s going on under the hood of your BMW is a big relief once your car is not working properly.
On our review, you will find the Best BMW Scan Tool in 2020 so read below and find out!
- 1 Best BMW Scan Tools Review
- 1.1 1- FOXWELL NT510 Automotive Scanner for BMW cars
- 1.2 2- MAOZUA V7.7 Creator C310+ BMW
- 1.3 3- Latest V6.2 C310+ BMW Car Code Reader
- 1.4 4- Original Carly for BMW Wifi OBD Adapter.
- 1.5 5- AUTOPHIX 7810 All System BMW Diagnostic Tool
- 1.6 6- FOXWELL NT520 PRO: BMW Scan Tool for 3 SERIES E46.
- 1.7 7- AUTOPHIX ES910 BMW Diagnostic OBD2 Scanner.
- 2 Verdict
- 3 BMW Scan Tool Buying Guide
Best BMW Scan Tools Review
1- FOXWELL NT510 Automotive Scanner for BMW cars
The NT510 is a standalone, feature-rich BMW scan tool that will give you all the data that you need at a good price.
It is simple to use, easy to use, and can offer you access to BMW-specific info.
Given that it is a portable unit, there is no need for a laptop computer. In the long run, this Foxwell BMW code reader saves inconvenience and cash!
The NT510 BMW code reader works with numerous BMW models varying from older 1987-1996 variations to the more recent ones. It can also be utilized for automobiles by Rolls Royce and Mini.
It can be used as a universal scanner for OBD I and OBD II ports to read or clear codes or for generic engine light examinations.
The adaptability of this tool is possible since its unique innovation allows particular tests and functions.
Pros and Cons of FOXWELL NT510 BMW
- Easy to utilize and versatile
- EOBD compliant
- Shows live sensing unit data
- Accurate at detecting issue
- You need to pay additional for full assistance for non-BMW cars
- Not user-friendly
- Does not cover all the designs it claims
Who is it for?
If you wish to save cash while diagnosing issues with your automobile, then this is an ideal tool. It has actually advanced features such as manufacturer-specific mistake codes and data stream viewer, making it an ideal tool for BMW owners.
Moreover, it features a range of unique functions that make this tool essential for those wanting to service their own BMWs. These include oil light info, battery registration, and brake de-activation.
2- MAOZUA V7.7 Creator C310+ BMW
This BMW code reader is an affordable tool that is suitable for all BMW automobiles manufactured after 2000. On one hand, it is not as feature-rich as other designs are.
This tool does enable you to clear difficulty codes and view diagnostic data in information. The complimentary software application spots through USB cable allows you to use the tool on future vehicles.
This BMW code reader is compatible with a variety of BMW models varying from 2001 to 2017.
The list of series supported are:
- 1 series.
- 3 series.
- 5 series.
- 6 series.
- 7 series.
- X series.
- Z series.
The cars models from 1997-2000 are compatible with this BMW code reader; nevertheless, a 20 pin adapter will be needed.
Pros and Cons of MAOZUA C310+ BMW.
- 8-inch large LCD show.
- Efficient engine oil reset.
- The helpful tool which is quite light on the pocket.
- Provides extensive codes.
- Doesn’t read active codes for all designs.
- Does not provide the description for a part number.
- Does not auto-detect the vehicle.
Who is it for?
The Maozua BMW code reader is suitable for all vehicles that support it. So, if you have a BMW design suitable for this tool and you do not want to invest too much, then this is a great option.
It can read and clear BMW-specific fault codes. So, in case you are on a tight spending plan, the C310+ is an economical alternative.
3- Latest V6.2 C310+ BMW Car Code Reader
The BMW scan tool by Vgate is an OBD tool that checks out along with clearing trouble codes. It is a versatile tool that displays live data stream, tons of different info on your car, in addition to charts, and more.
It likewise enables engine oil reset and clear adjustment.
Not only is it portable and simple to utilize, but it also has a 2.8″ LCD display screen. Hence, the C310+ BMW code reader is rather a handy tool.
C310+ BMW code reader supports BMW model manufactured between 1997 and 2014. It is suitable for the body, chassis, and drive; the whole system.
Nevertheless, the designs manufactured prior to 2000 need the 20 pin adapter test.
Pros and Cons of Latest V6.2 C310+
- Supports English as well as German.
- Easy to carry and run.
- Effective diagnostic tool.
- Assists in saving a significant quantity of money.
- Assists clear the codes for almost all the typical problems.
- Doesn’t sign up a brand-new BMW battery.
- Can’t code injectors on engines.
Who is it for?
The tool is devoted to all BMW automobile models from series varying from 1997 to 2014. Because it is created with easy portable and simple to operate, it is suitable for service technicians, DIYers, and automobile store owners.
4- Original Carly for BMW Wifi OBD Adapter.
The Carly BMW Wifi Adapter lets you connect an app set up on your phone with your automobile’s computer system. While there is no adapter with the pro app, you can still view the error codes.
However, once you get the upgrade for the app Carly for BMW coding, you can reset the error codes. At the same time, you can also get access to innovative functionalities and diagnostic data.
The Original Carly BMW scan tool is suitable for various designs. It works with the following designs:
- BMW models beginning with 1996.
- Toyota designs starting from 2005.
- Renault models beginning with 2004.
- Mercedes models starting from 2004.
- Porsche models beginning with 2001.
Pros and Cons of Carley BMW.
- Commendable functionality that makes it simple to use.
- Supported by frequent app updates.
- Uses brand-new battery registration.
- Safe and easy method to code your BMW.
- Allows you to read and clear codes from various systems.
- You need to pay the professional variation to benefit fully.
- Even after acquiring Carly pro, there are various in-app purchases.
- Can only view the mistake codes unless you purchase the app’s professional variation.
Who is it for?
If you’re excellent with innovation and desire to see what’s going on with your cars and truck on the go, this is a perfect choice. Given that this BMW scan tool comes with an adapter and app both, access to information is more convenient.
So, if you require an economical cordless scanner which links to your smartphone, this is a perfect choice.
5- AUTOPHIX 7810 All System BMW Diagnostic Tool
The Autophix 7810 is an expert BMW scan tool that supports numerous functions such as EPB, CBS reset, F Chassis, and battery management.
Similarly, it can likewise read and clear codes from all systems like SRS, ABS, transmission, ECU reset, etc.
Apart from being compatible with numerous BMW models, it can likewise work for cars from 1998 to 2017. It can work for Rolls Royce and Mini cars that have the OBDII 16PIN.
Pros and Cons of Autophix 7810.
- Reasonably simple and simple to utilize.
- Rather budget-friendly.
- The long cord assists in ease of use.
- The big screen makes it easy to check out the text.
- Extremely quick at changing modes.
- Can’t carry out advanced functions at times.
- Doesn’t always discovers the vehicle.
Who is it for?
The BMW troubleshooting tool is ideal for both shop owners along with car enthusiasts. It allows running faster and accurate diagnostics, therefore assisting you to save both time and money.
6- FOXWELL NT520 PRO: BMW Scan Tool for 3 SERIES E46.
The NT520 Pro, as the name suggests, is the updated variation of the NT510 Pro and includes enhanced hardware. It is a reasonably cost-effective handheld BMW scan tool which promises comprehensive coverage.
It has numerous features also including access to body systems, chassis, and powertrain. Similarly, it also provides innovative functions like programming, adaption, and actuation.
The NT520 BMW scan tool is compatible with both OBD I and OBD II lorries.
Primarily, it is made for the BMW 3 series.
It provides OE-level medical diagnoses for various cars and truck models and supports typically needed service features also.
Pros and Cons of FOXWELL NT520
- Can be kept in the automobile since of its perfect size.
- Large, TFT screen.
- Fault code meanings are revealed on screen.
- Works well for coding injectors.
- Easy to use.
- You need to pay extra to utilize it for other brands.
Who is it for?
A cost-effective tool, this BMW diagnostic tool delivers OE-level diagnosis for all electronic systems. Therefore, it is perfect for professionals, little garages, specialized garages, independent repair work, and car enthusiasts.
7- AUTOPHIX ES910 BMW Diagnostic OBD2 Scanner.
The Autophix S910 is another OBD II BMW scan tool that lets owners read as well as clear fault codes from different systems like IHKA, DDE, electronic parking brake, and ABS.
One remarkable function of this BMW code reader is new battery registration. The function stopped working to work on a 2006 BMW 5 series.
The tool works for all BMW models from 2003 onwards. It will likewise work for a few BMW models made between 1998 and 2001. Make sure you check your automobile protection prior to you acquire this BMW scan tool.
Pros and Cons of AUTOPHIX ES910
- Permits brand-new battery registration and programming (restricted).
- Works for Rolls-Royce and MINI too.
- Permits to stream and graph information.
- Easy to use.
- Available at an affordable cost.
- Incapable of managing the battery.
- The screen is a little small, making it tough to see.
- Incompatible with Mac computer systems.
Who is it for?
If you are looking for a decent BMW scan tool, then the Autophix ES910 is a great option. It allows you to check out and clear fault codes from lots of systems and is simple to use too.
Choose the BMW scan tool you believe is. The bottom line is, a BMW scan tool can assist conserve trouble, loan, and time too.
Not exactly sure which BMW scanner is best for your car?
Do not freak!! Below are the 3 out of the 7 finest options that I’ve selected for you:
|Top Pick||Best Value||Also Great|
|FOXWELL NT510 Automotive Scanner BMW OBD II Obd2 Code Reader||MAOZUA C310+ BMW Scan Tool||Original Carly for BMW Wifi Adapter Generation 2 Iphone and Ipad|
|Check on Amazon||Check on Amazon||Check on Amazon|
BMW Scan Tool Buying Guide
You must buy a BMW scan tool that accesses the primary control system of a lorry to detect difficulty codes. It needs to also be able to perform innovative functions.
Not all BMW scan tools work for all models of BMW automobiles. Some of the current tools can’t clear or reset the codes for BMW models from the year 2000. Very first read the compatibility of the tool first before you acquire it.
It should read and clear difficulty codes and carry out special functions also. These consist of I/M readiness, O2 sensing units test, text lives information, and chart lives data.
Advanced Functions– Multi-system scan
It must have the ability to identify problem codes from different systems like transmission, Airbag, ABS, and engine. Extra functions to look out for include oil service reset, coding and reprogramming, DPF, SAS, and EPB.
While some BMW scan tools are rather pricey, you can find ones that are cheap too. How much you must invest in this tool comes down to your budget and how frequently you’ll be using it.